Automation actions explained
Actions are sequences of processes/methods that a contact proceeds through once they enter your automation. The action is executed when a contact performs each action in the automation path.
For example, you can use actions to communicate with your contacts via email. For example, you can use actions to update/add a tag to the contact list.
- Send Email :
- This action will send an email to the contact who goes through this step of the automation.
- You can select/create an email.
- You can also delay the time of the email by placing a wait condition before it.
- This action will give a delay to automation at the current step.
- You can select time, that how long they wait before proceeding to the next step.
- Add Tag :
- This action will add a tag to a contact(s) when they reach this step.
- Remove Tag :
- This action will remove a tag from a contact(s) when they reach this step.
- If/Else :
- This action splits a flow into multiple concurrent flows in your automation.
- There are two paths: "Yes" and "No".
- “Yes” is for contacts who match the conditions you defined for them and then the “No” path is for contacts who do not match the conditions.
Has Visited A Step
Has Not Visited A Step
Has Submitted A Step
Has Not Submitted A Step
Has Purchased A Product
Has Not Purchased A Product
Has Opened An Automation Email
Has Clicked On An Automation Email Link
Has Not Clicked On An Automation Email Link
Has Entered Automation
Has Not Entered Automation
Has Ended Automation
Has Not Ended Automation
Has Opened A Broadcast Email
Has Clicked On A Broadcast Email Link
Has Not Opened A Broadcast Email
Has Not Clicked On A Broadcast Email Link
- Jump :
- This action allows you to move contacts to another step of this automation.
- You can use it to bring contacts back to a specific node.
- In other words, it works like loops.
- End This Automation :
- This action will end the automation.
- End OtherAutomation :
- This action will stop the contact from running through the specific automation that you choose for him/her.